Skip to main content

Guildford Games Festival

Image result for guildford games festival

The Guildford Games Festival was a great chance to network with games industry people (potential employers, Please Hire Me !!!).  It also allowed me to get an insight into what people enjoyed about the game. I got an overwhelming feeling  that people really liked flying the drone around and that it should be used for more than just transport between the challenges/ mini games.

Introducing the WINCH :

Soo.... Looks great right ? 

Unity really doesn't like what I've done with the physics joints.

I'll keep on working on this to fix the physics.

Other than that the game is coming along pretty well and I've created a couple more mini games as you can see below.

That's all I've got for this admittedly short blog post 


Popular posts from this blog

The Steam Page IS UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The steam page is live and kicking along with a discord and a facebook page. Yeah, that's all I've got to say click here to be taken to the steam page if you like what you see maybe stick it on your wish-list. Click here for the discord and Click here for the facebook page. That's all !

Dev Blog 1: Populating a Looping Spline Track

While working on a challenge for my upcoming game U Complete Me I was faced with the challenge of procedurally generating unique forest race tracks for racing drones. At face value It seemed rather complex but its actually Incredibly simple. I downloaded Surge  from the Unity asset store and created a looping spline with 8 points arranged roughly in a circle. Through code I scale and rotate these spline points by a seeded random amount creating a unique path. The next thing I did was spawn obstacles along the path for the player to avoid. I did this by moving a empty game object along the spline in increments, each increment I move it to the left or right by a clamped random amount and ray-cast downwards to get a point on the ground. I then instantiate a new obstacle at that point. I repeat this a specific amount based off the approximate length of the spline. The resulting track looks good but needed something to define the edges. The edging stones were place